Wednesday, September 3, 2014

A Better Me

This post isn't usually what I share on the blog. Usually things are about the kids, they are upbeat and they are fun but I think it's important to share the ups/downs/good/bad.


Right now, I'm really focused on working on myself :::
I'm ready to be a better me.

I have a problem with stopping, relaxing and enjoying the moment. I'm constantly thinking of things that need to be done, which leads to spreading myself too thin between the house chores, work, the husband, the children, friends and anything else that I have decided to add to my plate.
Sitting down to "rest" usually turns me into an anxious mess because I can think of 100 other things that seem to be more important and even though I'm sitting down "resting", my brain is running a mile a minute.


I really am trying to make a focused effort to stop, rest and enjoy the moment. These moments will be gone in a blink of an eye and I'll be wishing that I could have them back. My house can wait, the laundry can wait, dishes can stay dirty...nothing is more important than my well-being and my family.
My daily prayer the past few weeks has been to give me a calming spirit so that I can see the main priority in my daily activity. Early morning prayer runs/walks, She Reads Truth bible studies and some late night girl talk have been a few of the things that I've been doing lately to improve myself.

Right now, I'm really focused on working on my marriage:::
I'm ready to be a better wife.

Please tell me I'm not the only one in a marriage that struggles to find time to celebrate your significant other, to take time away from the chores/kids/errands to spend some quality time with your spouse.

Everyday life can be so exhausting and draining--I'm literally in forward movement from the second that my eyes open. Two adorable Conway children within 18 months of each other has created an energy filled atmosphere in our house but leaves us in "mommy/daddy" mode instead of "husband/wife" mode, more times than not.

Don't get me wrong. We love our titles of Mommy and Daddy but we also know how important it is to keep our relationship healthy for our family. We lost track of this important feature for a few months and now we are working hard to get this feature back and better than ever!

We are really trying to make purposeful actions (ie. date nights, devotions each morning, prayer time, exercise time, etc) so we can enjoy some intentional adult time. These moments make our relationship stronger, our quality time more fulfilling and they show us why our Conway family first started. We really do love each other and it shows but with all the hustle and bustle, we forget to make each other a priority.


I'm determined to improve myself and as result improve my relationship with God, my relationship with my husband, my relationship with my children and anyone else that is in my life. I'm determined to change and grow into a better me.

No comments: