Friday, November 28, 2014

Snow Day

Last week when I was on Thanksgiving vacation, we had a fun snow day. The weather man was calling for 4-8 inches so when it started snowing, we were excited.
Amelia fell asleep on my bed while we were waiting for the snow to start. I was booking our hotel and our train tickets for our New York trip and she just fell asleep...so unlike her!
This year Barrett was able to bundle up and play outside. Amelia was napping (again) when we went out so I had some good one-on-one time with my littlest love.
He loved his shovel, even though he didn't really know how to work it. He enjoyed pushing it around on our back deck.
The weather man wasn't very accurate because we didn't get anywhere close to the 4-8 inches of expected snow. When Amelia woke up from her nap, I promised her that after dinner we would go outside and play in the snow. The snow was melting and I didn't want her to miss out on building a snowman.
We bundled up and made the best snowmen that we could with the leftover snow on the deck. She was so proud of our pitiful little snowmen. How sweet does my proud little girl look?
Once we finished playing in the snow, we finished out the night playing in the tunnel. The tunnel is one of the best ways to get the biggest belly laughs from the kids. They love chasing each other around.
I think our first snow day of 2014 was a success. We're ready for a few more to come our way so we can perfect our shoveling and sledding techniques.

No comments: