Friday, December 12, 2014

Mommy And Me

Barrett had his 15 month check-up this morning at 8am and we didn't think that Amelia would do very good in the room while he was getting his exam and four shots. Nannie said that she would take Barrett so I wouldn't have to take 1/2 a sick day. We thought that Amelia going to work with me (I go in at 7am on Fridays) and then Nannie coming to pick her up after the appointment was the best option. We had all of Amelia's clothes laid out so when we woke up, we could get dressed and get the day started. Because we ran out so quickly, we made sure to pick up some breakfast on our way to work. Biscuit with cheese and chocolate milk!
It ended up that Amelia stayed with me until lunchtime. She did pretty good at entertaining herself quietly while I worked. A lot of messes were made but my girl loved her time with Mommy!
We made is 5 hours together and while it was a little iffy at times, I think that she loved it. She felt so big and proud of herself for going to work with Mom.
I'm glad that she thinks my office is a fun place to be...she has such a good outlook on everything.
I have a feeling that it might be a little while before we have another Mommy/Amelia date at the office. Mommy needs her own space for her sanity. HA!

No comments: