Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Moving: The Packing And Traveling

The past two weeks have been such a whirlwind...packing and moving with two little ones stinks
--scratch that--packing and moving, in general, stinks!
We had a few friends in our Sunday school class that offered to lend us their truck and trailer (and their driving abilities) to help us move to Cleveland. Such an answered prayer...we needed all the help we could get.
We left our house around 7pm on Friday night (May 22nd) after we loaded the trailer and we arrived to our new house around 1:30am on Saturday morning (May 23rd).
One last picture of our first many memories were made on Sweet Arrow Drive.
The trip went pretty good considering that both my kids HATE riding in their car seats. They both stayed awake for about an hour and then they were asleep. Barrett didn't stay asleep long and then he started saying "Ow" and "Ow, Mommy" over and over. I thought he wanted to get out of his car seat so I just kept telling him that he was okay until I realized that something was wrong. Barrett started puking everywhere...all over his clothes, the car seat and anything that was in front of him. We pulled over, changed his clothes and cleaned him up and we were on the road again. We weren't down the road ten miles and he started puking again. This time we were close to a gas station so we cleaned him off, got him some crackers and some Sprite. He ate a little bit and then he was back in the car seat. Thankfully, he went back to sleep and it was smooth sailing the rest of the drive.
This was my view when we pulled into our new driveway. Yes, Barrett is naked. He went through all the clean clothes in the diaper bag.
We threw down a mattress cover and an air mattress and we tried to sleep as much as possible. We knew that Saturday would be intense but the sleeping conditions weren't ideal.
Jason's uncle Dave showed up around 5:45am to help us unload the trailer--we didn't really want to unload so early but we needed all the help we could get.
We had the help of our friends and a ton of family that day and it made the unpacking go so smoothly. We had a system where we would take the boxes to the respected rooms and then someone would organize the room...hallelujah!

We finished for the day around 5pm and our house was pretty much put together. We definitely wouldn't have been able to do that much without all the helping hands.
Jason left, with our friends, the next morning around 4am (he still has to work a few weeks in Hershey) so they could get back before it got too late (they had kids to pick up). The Cleveland gang spent the rest of the day on Sunday getting organized, installing curtains and getting all the necessities figured out.

The house is done, with the exception of a few curtains that need to be hung, and we are trying to establish a routine in our new home/town. I'll be working from home (another answered prayer) for the next year so things will be a little different than how they have been the past four years. We are still trying to adjust but I have a feeling that we're going to make the most out of this next year!
Hope you are ready for the Conway family, Cleveland! 

No comments: