Friday, May 8, 2015

Weekend Getaway

I haven't blogged in so long, I don't even know where to start. Life has been super busy and it seems to just keep getting busier.
We have two weeks until we move to Ohio and our house looks like a tornado blew through. Even though the move is consuming a lot of our thoughts, we had a little weekend getaway that has my main focus. Good things are happening around here!!
Let me back up.
Jason was extended an interview from a hospital in Missouri. The best day that would work for all the participating parties was May 4th. We flew into Missouri late on Friday, spent time with friends on Saturday, family on Sunday an interview dinner on Sunday night and the interview was Monday and Monday evening.
It was a great few days for Jason and myself to reconnect (the kids stayed with Nannie) and to talk about what we wanted for our future. We tried to really relax, get a little sun and spend time with our niece and nephew.
Monday morning was the official interview--we've both waited so long for this moment that it was a little surreal.
I wish I would have taken more pictures of our Monday evening because the group and their wives met up at a super cute restaurant with an amazing view of the river. We spent a lot of the evening getting to know everyone and talking about the group, the town and what life looks like for a lot of these families.
We have a lot to pray (and think) about and as soon as things happen, or not, I'll post an update. Promise!
While we were gone, Nannie was sending us pictures of our sweet babies.
So thankful for a great Mom who loves my children so much and who is always stepping in to help and I'm so excited that Jason and I got a little time to sneak away and work on some future family plans.

No comments: