Friday, January 29, 2016

Family Member Update

It's been too long since I've done an update on our individual family members. Life is moving right along, kids are growing so big and we're getting closer to being at the end of our crazy journey.
Here are the updates:

Jason:
Poor guy is exhausted--mentally and physically. He is five months away from completing his fellowship and the clinic is doing a good job of teaching him while he is here. He leaves the house most days by 5am and he is home (on average) around 6:30/7:00pm. His passion for what he does is something that has always amazed me because if I was working those hours, I wouldn't have quite the attitude that he does. He is so excited to tell me about an 18 hour case that he did that involved replacing a heart with a mechanical heart and a few other things that I  He's gotten to work with some of the best surgeons and be on cases that are detailed on TV--it's pretty amazing.
He takes his oral boards on March 7th. His written boards were months ago (he passed) and now he has oral boards. This exam is in North Carolina and is pretty difficult and demanding. He will sit in the exam and be quizzed by other doctors and examiners on different cases. He's studying as much as he can but he's pretty nervous.

Ashley:
I've finally figured out a routine that works for my work and the kids. I'm still working full-time from home and juggling school/swim schedules. I've already been speaking with my supervisor and we're pretty certain that when we move to Missouri, I'll quit and move on to something else.  The gym is somewhere where I spend a little of each day. I met a friend, Beth, whose husband works with Jason, and she encourages me to join her for some booty kicking workouts. I feel so much stronger after leaving those classes. I feel like my days are so busy between work, the kids, groceries, cleaning, bills, etc. but when I start writing, it doesn't really feel that busy. Just trust me...okay?

Amelia:
Our almost four year old is an energetic, independent and feisty little lady. She goes to preschool two days a week and she enjoys it but I don't think it's enough for her to really get into "school mode". When we move to Missouri, we are planning on having her go consecutive days, three times a week, so she gets more in the school routine. She is in swim lessons once a week and she is a natural. She is working on swimming across the pool and when she gets tired, she flips over and floats. So amazing to watch her do something she loves. She is always wanting to help cook, do laundry and use teamwork to do the daily chores. She is a daddy's girl and she knows all the right things to say to get what she wants...she's so smart. She still loves to craft and we are practicing writing her name, which isn't as easy of a task as we were hoping. She's at such a fun age and we have some great, memorable conversations.

Barrett:
Our almost two-and-a-half year old has double the energy of his older sister and refuses to get any special "baby" treatment during our daily routine. He's getting so vocal at telling us when he is hungry, tired, warm/cold or when he is angry. I love hearing his little voice tell me about his day or recreating a story that he heard. He is in swim lessons once a week and he enjoys it but would much rather watch his sister than join in the fun. He has been promoted to the next level and he's doing so good, when he listens to his instructor. He wants to be the clown of the group so sometimes he's instructor has his hands full. He's potty trained and we couldn't be more proud. I'm so happy to have less diapers in the house (we still use them for #2 and for bedtime). Barrett loves animals and his puppies are his favorite! He idolizes his sister and always asks for her when she is at school--he often begs to go to school with her too. He's a pretty amazing little man that brings so much life and energy to our family.

No comments: