Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Day In The Life

It has been awhile since I've done one of these type of posts so I thought it was time since we are settled in a little more with our schedule and our routine.

5:30am: Jason's alarm goes off and he hits snooze once before getting up, showering and leaving for work. As soon as he left, I couldn't fall back asleep, so I turned on the TV.
6:00am: I grabbed my computer from my work bag and logged on to do a little work before the kids woke up.
7:15am: Barrett walks into my room and before I can even tell him 'Good Morning', he asks where his Daddy is. I guess I'm chop liver...HA!  He crawls up in bed with me for a little bit of snuggle time and then says he wants breakfast. 
7:30am: We head to the kitchen. He requested watermelon and an egg sandwich. I get him his breakfast and then I head out back to drop off the melon rinds and to open the chicken coop.
8:00am: I dress Barrett before I have to go and wake up Amelia. Amelia picked out their clothes the night before so I didn't have to think too much about their clothing choices this morning.
8:15am: I stir Amelia out of bed and she changes and then requests the same breakfast as Barrett. While the kids are eating and watching "Goldie and Bear", I do a few more things for work.
8:30am: We head out the door for school. They started preschool together for the summer--in the fall, they will go somewhere else but I needed a little bit of time to work so they started a little early.
8:45am: We arrive and school and I ask them to pose for a picture so we can text it to Jason. He loves seeing pictures throughout the day. Remember...Amelia picked out their clothes today :)
8:50am: Left preschool and headed home to mow. We are suppose to get some rain storms this afternoon so I wanted to make sure I had time to mow the yard before the rain blew in.
10:30am: Finished mowing the yard. My mom came out to our house to get her social security card (SHE GOT A JOB!!!) so we talked for a bit about her new position and she left and I jumped on my computer.
10:50am-11:30am: Was stuck on the phone with a work issue. I like to walk around when I'm on the phone so I snapped a picture of my work station for that discussion.
11:30am: Called the company, Pelican, to get a replacement case for mine and Jason's cellphones. The cases are lifetime guaranteed and we've already gone through four or five of them! They are going to send out two more cases and they should arrive within 7-10 business days.
11:50am: Called the conservation center to register for a class for the kids, activated the new bank card, changed the pin number and got the online bill pay ready to go, paid bills and added some things to the mailbox that needed to be mailed today.
12:00pm: Warmed up some leftovers for lunch, updated the blog and then got back to work.
1:00pm: The storm that the weather channel was talking about blew in. I had to run down to get the  chickens back in the coop before the rain started. I could actually see a line of rain moving towards our house.
2:40pm: Headed to go and pick the kids up from preschool. I walk in and Barrett is in Batman pj shorts (not his). He had TWO accidents today and had to wear something from the "lost n found" box. She said that he was in the bathroom but said he didn't want to pee in the toilet so he stood in front of it and peed. That boy of ours sure does keep us on our toes!
3:15pm: Got home and got the kids a snack. They wanted frozen grapes and veggie straws. They immediately grabbed iPads, went to their rooms and watched their YouTube kids. I went back to work while they vegged out on their tablets.
4:45pm: Got a call from Jason--he was off work and his meme and uncle were on their way to our house. I frantically start cleaning and digging through the fridge for food (we were going to have leftovers for dinner but we didn't have enough for everyone)
5:00pm: Jason gets home and immediately sits down to study. He takes ECHO boards on Monday so he's been studying like crazy.
5:30pm: Meme and Uncle Ted arrive. They brought 5 watermelon and 4 cantelope from a yummy farmer down in Morley, MO. I warmed up some leftovers and pulled out the fruit and the rest of the night is a blur. Our TV went out so I called the company, spent way too much time on the phone only to need an appointment because lightning hit our satellite dish and then had to clean up from dinner.
5:30pm-8:00pm: BLUR:::too much was going on and I was a bit of stress case
8:00pm: Started bedtime routine--teeth were brushed, books were read and we headed to bed.
10:15pm: I fell asleep with Barrett and woke up to move to our bed. I hate when I do that but I guess all the "bluriness" from earlier made me tired.






No comments: