Sunday, August 28, 2016

Cross Country Cheering

Now that we live close, we can cheer on our niece and nephews in their sporting events.
Ana is a senior this year and she runs cross country and track. The first cross country meet was on Saturday and we were there with bells on.
We headed to my sister's house first to make some signs and to change into our red/black clothing.
Do you see these four walking to the starting line? The one in the blue jean shorts is MY MOM. She's doing so much better and she's even venturing to cross country meets. Praise the Lord!! 
The race started and I was pretty emotional. Tears filled my eyes as the starting gun went off....I've been away for far too long and I love being close and back in their lives!
Ana placed third and her team placed first. We are so proud of her and her dedication to running. The kids loved chasing after the runners and cheering them on!

No comments: